Are you not happy with your smile and facial appearance? Do you want to get rid of those stained and crooked teeth? Then you don’t have to worry, because you can get a new smile and attractive looks with the help of cosmetic dentistry.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry includes all those dental procedures that are aimed at improving your facial esthetics and appearance. This is done by restoring the shape, color and alignment of the teeth and gums. Whether you require dental crowns for the cosmetic restoration of your chipped teeth or you need to get rid of your teeth stains, cosmetic dentistry is the solution to all your esthetic problems.
Who Can Benefit from Cosmetic Dentistry?
If you have any of the following problems, then cosmetic dentistry can help you:
- Stained teeth
- Crooked or misshaped teeth
- Chipped or fractured teeth
- Excessive gaps between adjacent teeth
- If you are not satisfied with the size or shape of your teeth
- If you require esthetic replacement of your missing teeth
- If you want to improve the shape and appearance of your gums
- If you are looking for a complete smile makeover
What Procedures Are Performed in Cosmetic Dentistry?
Your dentist can perform various dental procedures to give you the smile that you had always dreamed of, such as:
- Professional Teeth Whitening – this is one the most commonly performed cosmetic dental procedure throughout the world. It involves the use of highly effective, yet safe bleaching agents to whiten your teeth by removing coffee, tea or tobacco stains on your teeth.
- Cosmetic Fillings / Bonding – gone are the days when silver amalgam fillings were the only filling materials available. Thanks to cosmetic dentistry, highly esthetic materials are available which can match the color and shade of your natural teeth, which can be used to restore teeth without disturbing their esthetics.
- Dental Implants – nowadays, dental implants have become the most widely utilized option for the replacement of missing teeth. This is because of their excellent durability, efficiency, safety as well as their ability to provide a lifelike appearance of the prosthetic teeth.
- Veneers – veneers are thin shells made from composites or dental porcelain. Veneers are attached to the front surface of prepared teeth, and are used for hiding permanent teeth stains and reshaping crooked and chipped teeth. They are also used for cosmetic restoration of excessive gap between adjacent teeth.
- Porcelain Crowns – dental crowns prepared from porcelain possess excellent esthetics. Porcelain crowns are cap-like structures that rest over the surface of prepared natural teeth, and are used for restoring the structure of misshaped teeth. They are also used for masking teeth stains that cannot be removed through professional teeth whitening.
- Bridges – teeth bridges are fixed appliances that replace two or more missing teeth by gaining support and attachment from the existing teeth on the either side. Teeth bridges not only improve chewing and speech efficiency, but they also allow for highly esthetic replacement of missing teeth.
- Cosmetic Gingival Surgery – excessively long or too short gums can ruin your smile. if you are not satisfied with the exposure of your gums, it can be easily corrected with the help of cosmetic gum surgery. Your dentist will detach your gums from the jaw bone, and re-attach them at the required position where they provide a more natural appearance. In case of advanced gum disease where a lot of gum tissue has already been lost, tissue from the palate or buccal mucosa is grafted to the gums, so as to reduce root sensitivity and to restore the esthetics of the teeth.
- Gum Bleaching – many people are not happy with the dark color of their gums. In these cases, bleaching of the gums is performed to give a lighter tone and color to the gums.
A beautiful smile is awaiting you at Burnaby Square Dental! Our team of highly qualified and experienced dentist will make sure that you get the highest quality dental treatment at our office, so that you can impress people with your good looks and amazing personality. So what are you waiting for? Visit us today and start smiling again with confidence!